- Full and partial dentures are available
- No messy goop with digital impressions
- For more security, attach dentures to implants
With dentistry, as with almost anything in life, it’s not always necessary to reinvent the wheel. Dentures in The Woodlands may be your best choice for replacement teeth. While improvements in materials and manufacturing methods have been made throughout the years, the same basic idea has worked well for many centuries.Dr Burgess on Dentures Read Transcript
So in our office, we do provide dentures. Not a lot of dentists do these days, but it’s something, a skill that I learned years ago, and it really is required for part of the population. If we’re talking about having a conversation about dentures, that means you’ve got a lot or many missing or all missing teeth, or they need to be removed and replaced with some initial appliance.
A denture can either be a partial or a completed denture. That means we’re partially replacing some teeth or completely replacing all of the teeth. So what happens is typically, if you are a patient that needs a denture, we can provide you with a denture that will be a replacement of your whole missing teeth should they need to be removed or they’re missing already.
What we do is we provide an immediate denture, so you’re immediately … replace the denture if your teeth are taken out the same appointment. And then over time, when your gums may shrink back, we’ll refit and reline that denture for you.
A lot of people can get by on a denture. Some people can’t because it’s just not the same as your natural teeth structures supporting your teeth. So we also have the option to place implants underneath a denture to either attach to the denture, with locators that make it still removable, or fixed to the denture and converted into a bridge. This is called an All-on-4 or, more typically, procedure Teeth in a Day. A lot of people have heard about that.
We can provide the whole range of services that you need as required.
It’s no wonder! These teeth replacements:
- Restore your full oral function
- Fill out your face to give you a younger look
- Are one of the most affordable ways to replace a large number of teeth
- Won’t require a bone graft or similar procedure
- Are less invasive than some other replacement teeth
To see if lifelike dentures are the right choice for your smile, call us at 281-720-3163.
Conventional Dentures Are a Reliable Way to Replace Teeth
Conventional dentures rest on your gums, kept in place by suction and adhesive if needed. Unlike implants, you won’t need a surgical procedure. You may choose:
- Full Dentures – These replace all of the teeth in your upper jaw, your lower jaw, or both jaws.
- Partial Dentures – If you have some teeth remaining, partial dentures are a good choice. They attach to surrounding teeth with sturdy clips.
- Temporary Dentures – We can provide you with a set of temporary replacement teeth to wear while your mouth heals following tooth removal. There’s no need to be without your smile!
You’ll appreciate our digital scanning technology when we fit you for dentures. Unlike the traditional process for making dental impressions, we won’t fill your mouth with messy goop. Digital impressions are faster, more comfortable, and more accurate!
We’ll Partner With a Specialist for Implant Dentures
While dental implants may not be right for everyone, they can give you a smile that looks, feels, and functions more like one with natural teeth. If together we determine that dental implant dentures are the best treatment option for you, we’ll refer you to a specialist who will surgically place the necessary number of implants. When the implants heal, we will restore them with lifelike teeth replacements. Dr. Larry Burgess, who has received training from the prestigious Misch International Implant Institute, works closely with an oral surgeon throughout the entire process.
For more information on dentures in The Woodlands, call 281-720-3163.