The list of things negatively impacted by missing and damaged teeth is long: your appearance, your self-confidence, your ability to eat, and more. Let Dr. Larry Burgess and the rest of our team bring back the appearance and functionality of your smile with restorative dentistry in The Woodlands.r Burgess on Resorative Dentistry Read Transcript
One way to give you a radiant smile quickly is with lightning bleaching of your teeth here. That’s one of the cosmetic procedures we offer in our office here. Now, to bleach or lighten your teeth, it can be done several different ways. We have three different ways in our office. One is to take molds and make trays, which you can do at your home at your convenience, either at nighttime or during the evening hours for an hour or two a day. The other way is to do a power bleaching in our office, which is a couple of hours sitting down in a chair with our hygienist and doing some chemistry bleaching activated with some lights to basically power-bleach your teeth and manage that in our office here. Then the other way to do that is to do a combination of those and then continue at home after that.
In our office, we have two different manufacturers, or brands, that we use for bleaching, which is proprietary to dentistry. You can’t get this over the counter. It’s Zoom, and it’s KoR. Between these two types of power-bleaching systems, we control this in the office under a watchful, careful eye here. We’re able to handle all types of bleaching needs for our patients.
Our restorative dental care will:
- Relieve your pain
- Enable you to enjoy your favorite foods again
- Fill gaps in your smile caused by missing teeth
- Strengthen teeth and protect your smile from further damage
- Repair damage like chips, cracks, and breaks
To talk to our dentists about smile repair, call us today at 281-720-3163.
Enjoy a Natural Look With Metal-Free Dental Restorations
At Smiles by Burgess, we use mostly metal-free dental restorations. Without metal, tooth fillings and dental crowns look natural and blend easily into your smile. While a natural appearance is important, there are other advantages too. Non-metal restorations are:
- Less Invasive – Metal-free restorations require less alteration of your healthy tooth structure.
- Biocompatible – With metal-free restorations, there is less worry about allergic or other reactions.
- Better for Your Long-Term Health – Amalgam fillings contain mercury. Though the FDA has said amalgam fillings are safe, some research has raised health concerns. With no mercury, there is no need to worry about these potential concerns.
Choose From Several Teeth Replacement Options
If you need to replace missing teeth, you have several options, one of which will be right for you:
- Dental Implants – Depending on the dental restoration used with them, dental implants can replace any number of teeth, even every tooth in your mouth.
- Dental Bridge – A dental bridge replaces a single tooth or several teeth in a row. We can attach your bridge to your own teeth or to dental implants.
- Dentures – You can choose traditional dentures, either full-mouth or partials, or dentures attached to dental implants. You can also get temporary dentures to wear right after your teeth are extracted.
Get Your Root Canal From a Specialist
Your root canal procedure will be performed by Dr. Josh Gorman, an endodontist. This means he has received several years of advanced training focused on treating problems that involve the pulp inside your tooth. Less than 3 percent of dentists have completed this specialized training, according to the American Association of Endodontists.
Our Restorative Dental Care Is Comfortable & Convenient
As with other procedures in our office, we use some of the latest dental technology to ensure your restorative dental care is always comfortable and convenient. Our technology includes:
- glidewell.io™ In-Office Solution – This system allows us to create dental crowns in just one day, so you won’t spend a week or more waiting for your restoration.
- iTero Intraoral Scanner – We make impressions of your teeth with this digital scanner, a process that is less messy, more accurate, and more comfortable than traditional tooth impressions.
- Digital X-rays – Taking X-rays is faster and more convenient with digital technology. Digital X-rays also are better for your long-term health as they use a fraction of the radiation of film X-rays.
If you’re nervous or worried about discomfort, you can also choose from three dental sedation options. For comfortable restorative dentistry in The Woodlands, call Smiles by Burgess at 281-720-3163. You can also use our online form to make an appointment.