- Relieve discomfort and avoid problems
- Relax with amenities while our dentists work
- Find the right level of sedation with three choices
If you have a teenager or young adult who is complaining of dental discomfort, they may need wisdom teeth removal in The Woodlands. The good news is, our dentists can perform this procedure in our office. That will save you time and money!Dr Burgess on Wisdom Teeth Removal Read Transcript
As far as wisdom tooth removal, we can provide you with a full range of wisdom tooth removal options at our office. Dr. Thornton is a dentist who works at this office, and he can provide you IV sedation extractions for your wisdom teeth. Everybody’s mostly got wisdom teeth. A few lucky folks are missing one or two. The reality is, when you’re in your adult dentition, and your late teens, wisdom teeth generally need to be removed. We’re going to look at each patient on our normal re-care visits, take X-rays, and efficiently diagnose that, and try to schedule these things when they’re appropriate – at breaks, summertime, things like that.
Sometimes we can get them out sooner before they fully develop. It’s a lot less traumatic process. You heal much better. We’re gonna help guide you through that process. Dr. Thornton will take great care of you with IV sedation wisdom teeth extractions.
We’ll make sure your wisdom teeth surgery goes smoothly with:
- An experienced dental team
- Three kinds of dental sedation, including IV sedation
- Numerous comfort amenities to ease your anxiety, like blankets and headphones
- Panoramic X-rays and other high-tech tools to carefully plan your procedure
We’ll Assess the Need to Remove Wisdom Teeth
Wisdom teeth come in years after any other teeth in your mouth. Because of this, there often just isn’t enough room for them in your jaw. They may be at an awkward angle or even positioned horizontally. This can damage the nearby teeth. Another common problem is impaction, when the teeth don’t fully emerge through the gums. This makes you more prone to tooth decay, gum disease, and infection. If any of these conditions are present, we may suggest removing Wisdom teeth teeth.
Our dentists use high-tech tools to monitor exactly what is going on with wisdom teeth, including digital X-rays, intraoral cameras, and panoramic X-rays. Our team has lots of experience with oral surgery, so you’re in good hands if you need a wisdom teeth procedure.
Treat Teeth Carefully to Ensure a Comfortable Recovery
We’ll provide you with thorough instructions to ensure a comfortable recovery. You will likely need to take it easy for a few days. We may prescribe pain medication.
With or without medication, you’ll want to:
- Avoid rinsing your mouth or spitting for 24 hours after your procedure
- Avoid hot liquids and spicy substances
- Stick to soft foods for a few days
- Use ice to ease discomfort and reduce swelling
- Avoid brushing teeth for 24 hours, and avoid the extraction site when you first resume brushing
If you think you may need wisdom teeth removal in The Woodlands, call 281-720-3163.