- We use a laser to comfortably treat gum disease
- No scalpel or sutures are needed with laser treatment
- We offer both preventive and therapeutic treatment
At Smiles by Burgess, we use advanced dental technology in every area of our practice where it can make your treatment more effective and comfortable. Gum disease treatment in The Woodlands is one such area. While treatment has traditionally involved a scalpel and sutures, we treat gum disease with a dental laser.
Our laser-assisted treatment:
- Is Minimally Invasive – No cutting or stitches are needed with laser gum disease treatment. This means the procedure is far more comfortable for you.
- Is Fast – A laser enables us to complete your procedure far more quickly.
- Targets Only Diseased Tissue – A laser is so precise it will remove only diseased tissue while not affecting your healthy tissue.
- Enables a Quicker Recovery – A laser helps us keep the area we’re treating sterile, so there is little risk of infection. The laser also cauterizes the tissue as we work, which minimizes bleeding and seals out bacteria. This results in faster healing.
We look for signs of gum disease during every dental exam, as it’s easiest to treat in its early stages. If your gums are bleeding or you’re showing other gum disease symptoms, don’t wait until your next exam; call us ASAP at 281-720-3163.
Let Us Help You Stop The Progression of Gum Disease
Gum disease is caused when bacteria accumulate between your teeth and gums. In early stages, you may experience mild discomfort, bleeding, and other symptoms. We can often stop the disease at this point with a thorough dental cleaning.
If left untreated, your gums pull away from teeth, creating openings that make it easier for bacteria to collect in “pockets” between teeth and gums. At this stage, we use a procedure called scaling and root planing to remove bacteria from below your gumline and around your tooth roots. Without this treatment, your connective tissue and bone begins to break down, which can cause you to lose teeth.
Our Technology Can Help Prevent Gum Disease
In addition to treating gum disease, we also use our laser to help prevent it from occurring in the first place. For instance, you can receive:
- Laser Bacterial Reduction Therapy – During your regular dental cleanings, we can use our laser to remove bacteria.
- Pocket Irrigation – This treatment reduces the size of “pockets” between teeth and gums and keeps them free of bacteria.
For gum disease treatment in The Woodlands, call 281-720-3163.