Children and adults have different dental needs. With our family dentistry, we provide a wide variety of services so we can treat every member of your family. Our care is always comfortable and convenient, two things all our patients have appreciated over the past 30 years. Your family dentist in The Woodlands offers:Dr Burgess on Family Dentistry Read Transcript
What sets us apart as a family practice, we provide family dentistry for all members of the family. I've raised two girls. I know what it's like. I've been here for 30 years, and I've seen families come and grow up, and then their families have come back to us.
So, children are very important and very special. They need different care than the older folks like us and everybody else in between. So what happens, I've discovered over the years, is if you just slow down and talk to kids and be relaxed and come with just a gentle spirit and just listen to them, usually they'll relax enough to just cooperate, whatever we need to do. We're able to see children here, and comfortably. If they have more advanced problems and need sedation, we do refer to a pedodontist in the area.
- A location near several schools, including the John Cooper School, Galatas Elementary, and the SHSU Charter School at Brighton Academy
- Procedures for every family member, from Invisalign orthodontics to dental implants
- Referrals to a pediatric specialist, if needed
- Comforts that all ages will appreciate, like TV in our care rooms
- Three kinds of sedation, including one that can be administered to young children
- Same-day appointments for many dental emergencies
If you need to make appointments for your family members, call Smiles by Burgess at 281-720-3163. We may even be able to see several family members on the same day; ask us about making multiple appointments when you call us to schedule. Plus, new patients can get a complete exam, teeth cleaning, and X-rays for only $189.
Save Time With Services for Everyone Under One Roof
We’re happy to see your school-age children for dental exams and cleanings. We use a gentle touch to keep their cleanings comfortable, and we can numb their gums with a topical gel for added comfort. We’ll answer all your questions – and theirs – about oral hygiene, so they can learn to take great care of their teeth at home. We may also suggest preventive dental care like fluoride treatments and dental sealants to help keep their teeth free of cavities.
Every member of your family should see us for exams and cleanings and may need other general dentistry services like mouthguards to protect their teeth during sports. Depending on their individual needs, they may also benefit from:
- Cosmetic dentistry, including dental veneers and Invisalign orthodontics
- TMJ treatment, for relief from nagging jaw pain
- Restorative dentistry, including same-day dental crowns
- Oral surgery, including wisdom teeth removal
- Sleep apnea treatment, to relieve snoring and other symptoms
- Teeth replacements, like dental implants and dentures