When you lose teeth, you also lose the confidence that comes with having a full smile. Whether you’ve lost a single tooth or all of them, we can help you can regain your smile – and your confidence – with dental implants in The Woodlands.
Dr Burgess on Implants Read Transcript
At our office, we do provide dental implants, and they're a great option for people with missing teeth – first, because if you have a single missing tooth and the teeth on either side are healthy and normally functioning, we can only restore the one tooth. That's the better choice than having to prepare the other teeth and place a traditional bridge as a second choice. In our office, we can provide you the full scale of dental implants.
We have Dr. Thornton on our staff here who with an IV sedation can extract any bad teeth, place bone grafts, and actually surgically place the implant body itself, which is just the artificial root equivalent there. Once that's healed after a few months, I'll come back in and restore that implant with a customized abutment and then a lifelike, functional, porcelain crown on the top of that to build your smile and your bite back.
A dental implant is obviously a health benefit if you can chew better, and it's also a cosmetic benefit because it looks better. The health benefit really comes down to if you have a missing tooth without a dental implant, the other teeth are going to shift and slide, and your bite's going to collapse. You could have TMJ problems. You could have other consequences of not having that tooth replaced. That affects your digestion, your ability to chew, and all of those things that go along with that.
As well as a health benefit, you can have a aesthetic benefit because if the tooth is replaced, now you don't have a hole in your smile, and you'll smile more and you'll be more confident if you have a full complement of teeth.
Compared to other teeth replacements, implants give you:
- More Security – When your replacement teeth are attached to implants, they aren’t going anywhere. No more worries about slipping dentures!
- More Dietary Options – Implants give you bite strength similar to what you had before losing teeth. You can enjoy all your favorite foods, from apples to steak.
- More Comfort – With implants, your replacement teeth won’t slip or rub against your gums.
- More Versatility – You can replace one tooth, several teeth, or even all your teeth with implants.
- More Convenience – Depending on the type of restoration you choose for your implants, you’ll just brush and floss your teeth as you’ve always done.
- More Fullness in Your Face – While you’ll experience bone shrinkage in your jaw following the loss of teeth, that won’t happen with implants. They stimulate your jaw and keep it strong, so your face stays fuller and looks younger.
To find out more about implant dentistry, call us today at 281-720-3163.
Your Dental Implant Procedure Is Performed by Experts
We work closely with a trusted oral surgeon partner to arrange the placement of your implants. One of our dentists will then attach the appropriate restoration to your implants. Dr. Larry Burgess has received advanced training from the Misch International Implant Institute, and Dr. Jeromy Thornton has received implant certification by the Zimmer Biomet Institute.
Depending on your needs, you can get:
- A Dental Implant With a Crown – Replace one tooth with an implant and dental crown combination.
- Dental Implants With a Bridge – To replace multiple missing teeth, we can attach a dental bridge to implants.
- Mini Dental Implants – If your jaw isn’t strong enough to support full-size implants, you may be a candidate for mini dental implants.
- Dental Implant Dentures – You have the option of several kinds of dental implant dentures.
- All-on-4® – In this procedure, a complete arch of replacement teeth is attached to four dental implants. The entire process can sometimes be completed in just one day.