- Get your procedure performed by a specialist
- Fix a failed procedure with root canal retreatment
- Whiten teeth discolored by a root canal
If teeth become infected, it’s often painful. Worse, untreated infection can cause you to lose teeth. Root canals in The Woodlands get you out of pain and save your teeth. This saves time, money, and hassle as you won’t need to later replace lost teeth.
You’re in good hands for your root canal therapy at Smiles by Burgess because it will be performed by Dr. Josh Gorman, an endodontist. An endodontist has at least two years of extra education in diagnosing and treating internal infection and performing surgery. Since he’s a specialist and not just a dentist who does root canal procedures, Dr. Gorman can also perform more specialized treatments like:
- Root Canal Retreatment – If infection returns, we’ll remove the filling material from your earlier procedure and apply a special antibacterial paste to remove the infection.
- Apicoectomy – Another method of correcting a root canal procedure, this involves removing the tip of your tooth’s root.
- Walking Bleach Procedure – With this treatment, we can whiten teeth that have become discolored following root canal therapy.
- Regenerative Endodontics – This emerging treatment replaces the pulp inside your tooth with live tissue instead of an inert filling material.
If you have a toothache or other symptoms of tooth infection, call us ASAP at 281-720-3163.
Cutting-Edge Technology Helps Us Save Your Teeth
Dr. Gorman’s skills are even more effective because we use some of the latest technology for root canal therapy. For example, he uses a high-powered microscope to perform apicoectomy surgery. It’s common to seal a tooth with a dental crown following a root canal procedure. With our glidewell.io™ system, we make crowns in our office instead of outsourcing them to an outside lab. You’ll be able to get a crown right away instead of waiting several days.
Stay Relaxed During Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy makes many people nervous. With Dr. Gorman’s skills, it shouldn’t. For a pain-free procedure, we’ll numb you with local anesthesia. We’ll also make you comfortable during your procedure with amenities like pillows, blankets, and headphones for listening to music. If you’re still anxious, you can choose from three kinds of sedation: laughing gas, an oral sedative, or IV sedation.
Save damaged teeth with root canals in The Woodlands. Call 281-720-3163 today if you think you need one.